Preparing for VCU ELP
For Accepted Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to VCU’s English Language Program. We are very happy to welcome you to the VCU community!
We know that you have many things to do to prepare for your journey to the U.S.A., so here is some important information to help you plan for your arrival.
What should I do before I come to VCU?
- Apply for a student visa by following these visa application instructions.
- Notify us that you are planning to enroll in the English Language Program by sending an email to email@example.com . Please include your complete name and student identification number (found on your acceptance letter) in the email.
- Book your plane tickets! Make sure to check the session dates so that you can plan to arrive at least 2 days BEFORE placement testing.
- Visit your doctor in your home country and request that he/she complete the VCU Certificate of Immunization or give you an official immunization document in English, which should include all dates of required immunizations. This is required for all full-time students.
- Purchase a health insurance plan. This is required for all international students on an F-1 or J-1 visa.
- Find a place to live! If you need assistance, please contact the Student Engagement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1- 804-827-9331.
- Arrange for transportation to VCU. If you would like for someone from the university to pick you up at the airport in Richmond, you must submit a Transportation Request Form 2 weeks in advance. Note: This service is only available for Richmond. We cannot pick students up from Washington D.C.
View more information regarding arriving at VCU.Back to top