Virginia Commonwealth University

Permanent residency process

Student in Massey Cancer Center labIn certain circumstances, U.S. employers may request (petition) permanent residency, or a green card, on behalf of their international employees. This petition goes through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

The permanent residency process is complicated but essential in recruiting international talent in all fields of research and study, which helps VCU remain competitive with its peers. The forms below explain and guide departments through what is required.

If you have questions as you read, please contact the Global Education Office’s immigration services at (804) 828-0595.