VCU’s Global Education Office support people all over the world.

J-1 Scholar Visas


The most common scholar visa at VCU is the J-1 visa (research categories). The B-1, B-2, or ESTA visa may be appropriate for some brief, casual scholarly activities. Other visas may or may not be appropriate for scholarly activity at VCU. If you have questions about using another visa for scholarly activity here, please contact GEO before accepting an offer or starting your scholarly activity here.



For more information, visit our

Forms Library