If you’re looking to engage with people from a wide range of cultures — either here on campus or around the world — Globe is the place for you. During your time in the program, you’ll
- Complete 20 hours of engagement with international students and scholars on campus.
- Perform 20 hours of outreach with refugees and immigrant communities or the agencies and institutions that serve them in the Richmond metro area
- Have the opportunity to participate in unique study abroad programs led by VCU Globe faculty.
Engage on campus
Whether it’s participating in Conversation Partners, speaking with a visiting delegation of government officials from abroad, or welcoming new students at International Student Orientation, the global engagement component of the program is designed to regularly connect you with international students, faculty, staff, and visitors on campus.
Engage with the local community
Globe students have completed more than 6,000 hours of service locally and globally. Local partners have included:
Richmond Public Schools · Sacred Heart Center · Henrico County Adult Education · Crossover Healthcare Ministry Clinic · ReEstablish Richmond · The Daily Planet · YMCA · Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities · Communities In Schools, Chesterfield County · Housing Opportunities Made Equal
As a student in Globe, you’ll have access to unique study abroad opportunities designed to help you get the most out of the program. Study abroad offerings change each year. Recent programs have included:
- VCU Globe and VCUarts Qatar in Greece
- VCU Globe in Japan
- VCU Globe Service-Learning in Mexico
- VCU Globe in Botswana
- VCU Globe at VCUarts Qatar