The VCU Globe curriculum consists of a 1-credit orientation course, five 1-credit globally-focused seminars, a special section of UNIV 200 or an approved alternative, and one 3-credit course from an approved list.
|Freshman Year||Apply to program||GLED 101 (1 cr.)
Introduction to VCU Globe
|Sophomore Year||GLED 201 (1 cr.)
Global Education Seminar
GLED section of UNIV 200 (3 cr.)
|GLED 202 (1 cr.)
Global Engagement Seminar
|Junior Year||GLED 301 (1 cr.)
Planning for Global Leadership Seminar
1 course from approved list (3 cr.)
|GLED 302 (1 cr.)
Preparing for Global Leadership Seminar
|Senior Year||GLED 401 (1 cr.)
Global Education Senior Seminar
|GLED 493 (1 cr.) (optional)
Global Leadership Program
In order to successfully complete the program, a student must:
- complete at least 40 hours of service
- demonstrate experience in cultural immersion
- live for two years in West Grace North Residence Hall
- have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at graduation
- have a minimum 2.0 GPA in Global Education courses at graduation
- attend 10 VCU Globe events during participation in the program
- submit curricular and co-curricular portfolios
Current and recent Global Education (GLED) course offerings and course descriptions are available below. Courses under certain rubrics (i.e., GLED 391) vary semester to semester, depending on the instructor.
For more detailed registration information, consult the VCU Schedule of Classes.
Note: Several dates within the Academic Calendar have changed. Early registration is now March 31, and the last date to drop VCU course(s) with a mark of "W" is April 17.