The process of implementing Quest for Distinction has distilled three overriding institutional global goals:
• improve the recruitment and retention of international students and scholars
• increase the global engagement of VCU students and faculty
• expand VCU’s global footprint through our research, teaching and service, particularly as they impact global health
This revised structure enables us to provide even more effective support to our academic units and the university at large and to partnership projects in particular.
In our mission to support each academic unit’s global strategies, we have consolidated some components within the Global Education Office to more closely align our structure with VCU’s global priorities.
• International Student and Scholar Programs. Services include: immigration, settling-in, orientation & advising, and special programs. Dr. Amber Hill, Director.
• English Language Program. Beginner to advanced levels of academic preparation in English. Large and growing program with over 400 students enrolled. Dr. Amber Hill, Director.
• Education Abroad Office. Student advising and placement in full range of programs; academic unit support in developing, operating and evaluating study abroad programs. Stephanie Tignor, Director.
• Globe. Innovative learning-living community providing undergraduates in all majors the value added of preparation as experienced culture brokers in diverse environments. Dr. Jill Blondin, Director.
• Global Strategies. Support for academic units in identifying and pursuing global priorities within the context of Quest by facilitating: international institutional agreements; coordination of the VCU Global Advisory Network; international strategic planning; and the Quest Global Impact Awards. GEO Executive Director.