VCU English Language Program Scholarship Opportunities
VCU English Language Program is devoted to providing exceptional educational opportunities for students for whom English is not their first language. To further its mission, the program gives scholarships to selected new students each semester. The purpose of the VCU ELP Scholarship Program is to provide additional assistance to enable financially disadvantaged students to pursue their education in the program.
The scholarship amounts are:
- $2000 for on campus/hybrid courses. You must plan to enroll as a full-time student to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- $200 for online courses.
- Additional $500 is awarded to students who are admitted to an academic program at Virginia Commonwealth University College of Engineering after completing the ELP program.
Please note that these scholarships are non-renewable. Nine scholarships will be awarded for on campus courses and 10 for online courses per year.
- Meet VCU English Language Program application requirements
- Submit the VCU English Language Program application form
- Be a new student (has not taken an English Language Program class previously)
- Plan to enroll full-time (18-22 hours per week of study)
- Does not currently have a scholarship from another sponsor
Scholarship awards are based on a competitive process which may consider academic achievement, educational goals and student financial needs. The selection process of the recipient is determined by a committee with representatives from the Global Education Office and any others as deemed necessary.
Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender or disability.
Submitting the Application
- Carefully review your application before submission.
- Complete the VCU Application process indicating the intended start semester.
- Provide evidence of other sources of financing to cover other expenses not covered by the scholarship.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or academic advisor
- Complete the VCU ELP Scholarship Application Form
All information submitted is considered confidential and is reviewed only by the scholarship committee. Applicants who are chosen may be contacted for an interview.
Apply for the ELP scholarship as early as possible. You must submit your application four weeks before classes start for consideration. Don’t worry if you missed the deadline of the application for a semester. You can always apply for the following semester.
Payment of Scholarship
The scholarship will be awarded after the withdrawal deadline. The recipient must pay the remaining balance in their account that’s not covered by the VCU ELP scholarship before the scholarship award is processed. Required paperwork will be provided to the recipient when the scholarship is announced.
If you have questions about the application process, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org