New International Students
Information for Accepted Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to VCU’s English Language Program. We are very happy to welcome you to the VCU community!
We know that you have many things to do to prepare for your journey to the U.S.A., so here is some important information to help you plan for your arrival.
- Apply for a student visa by following these visa application instructions.
- Notify us that you are planning to enroll in the English Language Program by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your complete name and student identification number (found on your acceptance letter) in the email.
- Book your plane tickets! Make sure to check the session dates so that you can plan to arrive at least 2 days BEFORE placement testing.
- Visit your doctor in your home country and request that he/she complete the VCU Certificate of Immunization or give you an official immunization document in English, which should include all dates of required immunizations. This is required for all full-time students.
- Find a place to live! If you need assistance, please contact the Student Engagement Office at email@example.com or +1- 804-827-9331.