GEO staff members are available to advise you about on and off-campus housing options and determine which options best fit your needs. Staff can also review rental agreements (“leases”) upon request.
If you do not arrange housing accommodations prior to your arrival, it is important that you arrive on campus early to allow several days to find housing before the orientation and registration sessions. You should also budget funds to cover at least two weeks of temporary housing in Richmond and cover the substantial deposits and rental fees required upon signing a lease.
On-campus housing is not guaranteed. It is assigned in the order in which applications are received. It is important that you submit your application as early as possible if you wish to live on campus. To submit an on-campus housing application, please contact GEO International Student & Scholar Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University housing contracts are for either 9 or 12-month periods (including both fall and spring semesters) and are binding contracts that may not be broken.
On-campus housing rates ranged from $6,000 - $8,000 per year.
Families cannot be accommodated in on-campus housing.
International students and scholars interested in on-campus housing should send an email to email@example.com.
There are many options for housing on and near campus. You should plan to arrive in the U.S. early enough to secure housing prior to the International Student Orientation.
Several local hotels offer discount rates to VCU students, which you must request at the time of your booking. Hotels within walking distance to the VCU Monroe Park Campus:
- Linden Row Inn: 100 E. Franklin Street, 804-783-7000
- Holiday Inn Express - Downtown: 201 E. Cary Street, 804-788 1600
- Jefferson Hotel: 101 W. Franklin Street, 804-649-4750
- Hostelling International Richmond: 7 N. Second Street, (804) 729-5410
- Graduate Richmond Hotel VCU: 301 West Franklin St., Richmond, VA 23220, 804-521-3400, (To make reservations via purchase order, please contact the VCU reservationist, Emma Kelley, at Salesadmin@graduaterichmond.com)