ISSAB MEMBERS

International Student & Scholar Advisory Board

Rehan Adatia

Name: Rehan Adatia

Hometown and country: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo

Year or level: Freshman

Major: Environmental Engineering (Bachelor’s degree from my country)

Tell us a little about yourself:
. I am a freshman at VCU and majoring in Physics with a concentration in Pre-Medical.

I came to the US two months ago and since my arrival, I have been continuously adapting to life in the US. For example, I have started getting more familiar with the weather here which is much colder than the weather in Kinshasa. I have met a lot of international students here and adore the diversity at VCU.

Pamela Adede

Name: Pamela Adede

Hometown: Lagos, Nigeria

Year or level: Junior 

Major: Biology

I enjoy being a member of the international community here at VCU, I get to effect change and assist other international students with valuable insights from my own personal experiences. I’m grateful for all the friendships and connections I’ve made here and look forward to a career in clinical research and healthcare.

Name: Raneem Aldaqqa

Hometown and country: Irbid- Jordan

Year: Second year Ph.D. student

Major: Pharmaceutics

Tell us about yourself:
 I love getting to know new people from different cultures and backgrounds and making new friends, I love walking, reading and listening to music.

Ruth Bravo-Anez

Name: Ruth Bravo-Anez

Hometown and country: Venezuela

Year or level: Graduate 

Major: College Counseling

I am from Venezuela and have been living in the United States for six years.  During my first year at VCU, I served as the graduate assistant for Leadership and Student Organizations in the Division of Student Affairs. As of today, I work at VCU Career Services as their Career Counselor, PPH & STEM and I am also an intern in the Global Education Office. Additionally, I teach a first-year course called UNIV 191 "Adelante! The path to success" with the goal of connecting and supporting new students who identify as Latinx/Hispanic. One of my goals after graduation is to become a National Certified Counselor and continue to support international students and other underrepresented populations in the college setting. 

Name: Harsh Brian Dungdung

Hometown: India

Major: Economics

I am a graduate student from India majoring in Economics and this is my first time in the US! I have always had a keen interest in learning about other cultures and embracing diversity. I love Sports and Music! I look forward to having a great learning experience at ISSAB and meeting new people! 

Zehra Sahin Ilkorkor

Name: Zehra Sahin Ilkorkor

Hometown: Ankara, Turkiye

Year or level: Doctorate

Major: Public Policy & Administration

I joined VCU in the fall of 2022 in pursuit of my Ph.D. degree in Public Policy & Administration. I love exploring other cultures and have visited 25 countries so far. I am excited to bring my skills and passion for increasing diversity to the ISSAB and help make an impact on VCU international students. As an ISSAB member, I hope to build strong relationships with other international students and benefit from an outstanding exchange of ideas.

Name: Min Nguyen

Hometown and country: Hanoi - Vietnam

Year or level: Senior

Major: Business

I would consider myself a nomad. I love traveling and have been to 15 countries. I used to live and study in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I enjoy different cultures and really want to learn more about the world. Fun fact, I speak four languages!

Sonika

Name: Sonika Singhal

Hometown and country: Delhi, India

Year or level: Doctorate, first year

Major: Information Systems

From my past experience, I determined that connecting with people and understanding their emotions, interests, and expectations is the most important learned skill for me. And I anticipate that this will greatly assist me in delivering the best services possible to my institution.

Yoonkyoung Wang

Name: Jade/Yoonkyoung Wang

Hometown and country: Republic of Korea, Seoul

Year or level: Junior

Major: Business Administration/Exchange Program

I am an exchange student from South Korea and this is my first semester at VCU. I have made great memories with the nicest friends here. A little bit about me, I am a huge foodie and trying out new foods and restaurants! I am glad to become a member of ISSAB and support international students! I want to become a person who serves as your voice when dealing with concerns at VCU!

cropped 2

Name: Lindai Xie

Hometown and country: Guiyang, China

Major: Counselor Education

I am currently an intern in the Global Education Office. I enjoy the interaction with other international students. I would be more than happy to help and assist others in the role of an international student mentor and a future counselor.